Friday, September 28, 2007

Sorry I didn't come back earlier

I'm a bit slack with my Blogging, but I've finally got around to it.



The last week has been hectic.  The lead up to school breaking up was unusual - first we planned a farewell for my daughter's Grade 2 teacher (who had been filling in for Term 3) only to find out at the last minute it would become a "Yippee Mr Jones is staying party".  I was lucky enough to be invited and all had a ball. 



I took Steph & her friend Monique to see Hairspray yesterday which was a lotta fun.



I did get back to my bear although she's not yet finished!  I will get there - I need to there's show n tell due first Tuesday of term.  At the moment she looks like this.



P9270022



Unfortunately/fortunately I get really distracted - so many things to make so little time.



Popped down to say Hello to Marg & Linda at Missy Moo's and now I've finally got the patterns for Freya & Messenger Birds by Melly & Me.  I've also gathered these fabrics to make them from.



P9270007



I've joined an ATC (Artist Trading Card) Club down at Heaven Scent It's a wonderful stamping and paper craft shop owned by Deb that just happens to be at the end of my street.



Is so much fun, quite nice to do something purely for art's sake. I also love that there's no rules with these cards - absolutely anything goes so long as the size is 2.5 x 3.5 inches.  Oh & the cards can only be traded, not sold.  The first class I attended we learnt the Paper Peeling Technique.  Here are my finished cards:



P9270025



We literally had to rip up pages from old books.  My grandmother instilled in me a large amount of respect for books and I found this quite unsettling, but I must admit the effect created is something I'd like to try again.  I've been op-shopping for old books & think I may have to find one that is falling apart before I can tear pages again. It just seems so wrong!



Today's creations are these Cupcakes - no, not ones you can eat, but scrummy yummy 100% fat-free ones to display on your kitchen counter or dresser.  I love them, even when you go in the kitchen & the sink is full of dishes they make me feel happy!



P9270020



 



My hubby Neil launched our on-line business too.  Check it out www.nerinnasnest.com.au - we'd love your feedback.



Hopefully I'll be back with my next post quicker than last time.



Till then,  Happy crafting!



Love Corinna



4 comments:

  1. The cupcakes are so adorable! You have a lovely blog here :o)
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. thanks for poping by my blog and saying hello..
    i have fallen in love with your cup cakes...mmmm
    good luck with the new shop..looks GREAT!!
    Connie...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Corrina, Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment on my pink ribbon quilt. I will certainly make a rainbow in honour of the woman you told me about.
    And welcome to blogland, you are e new blogger to me and I’ve seen you are also a lover of the MellyandMe patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bear is looking adorable!!! And so lovely to see the gorgeous fabrics you have chosen for our patterns - can't wait to see your end result! I am about to have to make a few more Freyas this weekend for samples =)

    ReplyDelete