Here's a Christmas meme I thought I'd do:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - depends on the shape!
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? Varies - this year was early November.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 6th
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Trampoline, Roller Skates & Walkman
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes a sweet little one I bought last year - it's in my daughter's room
8. Hardest person to buy for? All males I find hard to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Kids
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? A Yothu Yindi Tape
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail - but I'm usually pretty slack & end up hand delivering them
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love them all really!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I see something during the year I get it and pop it away for Xmas
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not yet - don't think anyone wants the Yothu Yindi cassette
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? I love the Pavlova!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? I enjoy them all - much to my husband's dismay
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Donner, Dasher, Prancer, Dancer, Donner, Dixon, Rudolph? - I vaguely remember a song in Primary School that named them - obviously failed that test
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Can't really think of one
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? Don't have one - at least I don't think we do - maybe everything we do is a little strange & I don't know it! One thing I miss doing is decorating & cooking with my grandmother in the lead up to Christmas - she passed away 10 years ago.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Not sure - I've found that if you have kids around they can usually show you the beautiful chrismassy side to even the most tacky or garish decoration & make it seem wonderful.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? They are all wonderful.
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Don't really eat bikkies - probably gingerbread.
27. Do you like Fruitcake? It sounds really bad but I think it depends on the fruit & alcohol content.
My Grandma used to make a wonderful cake & several years ago I found a recipe that requires for the fruit to be soaked in 4 different types of alcohol. After the long wait I finally tasted it and it took me right back in time to those Christmas spent at her house when I was a child. Most of the time I don't really eat cake.
I wonder did you notice that there's a number missing? - I copied these questions from another Blog & couldn't be bothered fixing the numbers.
My house has been really busy this week with the Dancing Christmas Party on Sat nite - we were entertained by floorshows by the Junior & Teenage dancers & The Darryl Cotton Band. Darryl made me laugh introducing himself to the kids by saying "I used to be a rockstar. You know Shannon Noll? Well I'm him in 20 Years".
Sunday was the day My Sweet Little Miss turned 8 years of age! She had a little party with friends following by one with family.
I was also a lucky winner over at Helen's Hugs:
I've been a lover of Helen's work for many years - these are her new "Tempters" which are easy Iron On Transfer Designs for stitching. Gotta love it when there's no tracing - just iron on & stitch!
Bye for now